August 8, 2017
Reminders for State Fair 4-H FCS Judging
Fair season is here! Hopefully your fair, fared well, and those still preparing -- best wishes for success. Here are some reminders about the 4-H FCS Judging Contest, to occur on Saturday, September 16, at the Kansas State Fair.
- Pre-registration of your local unit team(s) must occur by the August 15 pre-entry deadline.
- A Senior (14-19 years) and an Intermediate (9-13 years) team may be registered for each county comprising your Extension unit.
- An entry fee of $15 will be required for each team's registration.
- Additional information and rules for the Family and Consumer Sciences Judging Contest can be found on page 17 of the "2017 Kansas State Fair Exhibitor Handbook."
- Preparation resources for the contest can be accessed at http://www.kansas4-h.org/events-activities/contests/fcs-judging/fcs-judging-preparation.html.
- The contest again will include an interactive experience, (related to the senses of smell, sight and touch), hands on immersion activity (related to the "Book in a Bag" program), and an oral presentation.
- All contest aspects will be completed as a team of 2.
Looking forward to having your teams join the fun! Questions? Contact Andrea Feldkamp at firstname.lastname@example.org.